Basement Renovation in 19 daysGet Started On Your Dream
Click to play our latest portfolio video
Remodeling a basement is an easy and effective way to add new functionality and space to your home. To help you do this, Capable Group put the best basement finishing contractors in Milton at your disposal.
If you live in Milton and are on the fence about whether you should renovate your basement or not, we have some great insight to share with you on why finishing your basement is such a worthwhile investment.
One of the great things about basements is that you can let your creativity flow and design it however you like, as long as there is structural support for your project. With the right team of contractors, you can transform your basement into a room that is functional and caters to your family’s needs.
Here are some reasons why finishing your basement is a good investment.
- More usable space – make the most out of every square inch of your home by turning your basement into a room that is useful. A family room, for example, will give your family an area in the home where they can sit back, relax and create lasting memories. Another good option is to use the space as an additional bedroom or a bachelor apartment.
- Reduced energy costs – an unfinished basement will cost you more on your energy bill because unfinished walls and concrete floors allow drafts to creep in which causes you to lose heat. By finishing your basement and insulating your wall, you can save your family’s energy costs.
- Add value to your home – basements are a huge asset to any home. Finishing your basement is an investment that will pay off when you decide to sell your home.
What is basement renovation?
Sometimes people mix up basement remodeling and basement renovation. While both involve upgrading an existing basement, renovating a basement means improving a basement area that has been under utilized or is in need of repair. These improvements can be something as minor as adjusting some of the fixtures in the room or major like redoing the floor and walls.
Some homeowners embark on a basement renovation project knowing exactly what you want done and how they would like it done. Others have a general idea and seek professional contractors to help them make decisions as the project goes on. Capable Group offers valuable insight on design trends and techniques that can help you make the most of your basement space.
One of the things that will largely affect the scope of your basement renovation is your budget. The more you would like to have done in your basement, the more you can expect to pay. It’s also important to keep in mind that during renovation, you may run into issues that you didn’t anticipate. There may be some additional repairs that need to be done or you may notice mildew or mould. These urgent issues that need to be addressed urgently can affect your basement renovation cost. Because we know this, we often advise our clients to keep an open mind and to leave some room in the budget for the unexpected.
Why Choose Capable Group?
More and more homeowners in Milton are choosing to add value to their homes by renovating their basements. At Capable Group, we’ve been offering superior basement renovation services in Milton for over a decade. Our commitment to our valued clients is that we will be there every step of the way. We take pride in our work and will go the extra mile to ensure you are completely satisfied with your finished basement. We are up for the task no matter how big or small your project is. When you bring us your ideas, we’ll take to time to fully understand your vision by working closely with you and making note of every detail that is important to you. With your vision and our expertise, you can have the basement of your dreams.
Basement Renovation Design
Milton is home to many of our valued customers. One of the great things about designing a basement is that there is no standard blueprint of what your basement should look like. When it comes to design ideas for your basement in Milton, the possibilities are endless. You can transform the area into anything you envision, as long as your basement’s structure can support it. Depending on what you would like your finished basement to look like and its intended use, the design you choose should not only be aesthetically appealing, it should make the most of the space you have.
What you can do in your basement
- Apartment – this is an option that many homeowners love. Not only does it give you additional living space in your home, you can rent it out and earn some extra income for your household.
- Kitchen – adding a kitchen to your basement adds an element of convenience to the room. When spending time in your basement, you can prepare and enjoy a bite to eat without having to go upstairs to the main floor of your home.
- Bathroom – this is another convenient choice that maximizes the space in your basement. Depending on how much space you have, consider a half-bath, which consists of a toilet, mirror and a small vanity or sink, or a three-quarter bath equipped with a toilet, sink or vanity, a shower and some storage space.
- Bar – if you enjoy entertaining family and friends, consider adding a bar to your basement. This will allow you and your guests to enjoy drinks from the comfort of your basement.
- Fireplaces – you can never go wrong with a fireplace. This unique feature spells comfort and can add a “homely” feeling to your basement space.
- Theaters & Home Area – why go out for entertainment when you can bring the fun to your home. By adding comfortable seating and a home entertainment system, you can enjoy music, movies and much more.
- Bedrooms – you can never have too many bedrooms in a home. Transform your basement into a bedroom for guests or family members who come to visit.
- Home office – if you have the privilege of working from home, you may want to have a designated area to work from. Setting up an office in the basement is great way to have a quiet room in the home where you can focus.
- Sauna – take leisure to a whole other level by incorporating a sauna in your basement. Not only will this transform your basement into a spa, it will save you money. With the right equipment, your favourite spot for a sauna treatment will be at your own address.
- Family Rooms – basements can become the favourite room in the house for the entire family. It can be a great space for games and other activities your family loves. By incorporating something for everyone, your basement can become a multipurpose room the whole family loves to spend time in.
- Home Gym & Workout Areas – what to get in shape or meet your fitness goals? You can do that right from the comfort of your home. Once it is set up with the gym equipment you want, you’ll save time and money by skipping your local gym and opting to work out at home instead.
Request a Free Consultation
We are very proud of the service we provide and stand by every basement we carry. Read our testimonials from our happy customers.
Trust Capable Group to handle all your basement renovation needs in Milton. Our team of seasoned contractors have years of experience under their belts. Call today to schedule your free consultation.