Basement Renovation in 19 daysGet Started On Your Dream
Click to play our latest portfolio video
With the real estate market continuing to rise, purchasing a dream home is unattainable for many people in Aurora. Instead, they are opting to create the home of their dreams by renovating their current homes.
Need a reason to finally embark on the basement renovation project you have been considering for a while now? We’ll give you several. There are many benefits that you can enjoy once you make the decision to find another home for your storage boxes and use your basement in a more rewarding way. The advantages will not only be felt as soon as the project is complete, but in the future as well.
Finishing a basement takes a lot of planning and time, but we strongly believe the rewards outweigh the sacrifice, and many homeowners in Aurora agree.
In fact, potential buyers may think twice about purchasing your home if you have an unfinished basement. Here are some reasons why renovating your basement is a good idea.
- Increased value of your home – by renovating your basement, you can get a 50-70 percent return on your investment. This is a huge plus if you sell your home in the future.
- More space for your family – if you are not using your basement in a way that enhances your family’s home life, you’re not making the most of it. There are so many things you can use your basement for that will benefit your household. The best way to determine how this space will be most beneficial to you is to consider the needs and habits of your family. Do your children need a safe area to play in? Consider a children’s game and activity room.
- Save energy cost – an unfinished basement not only wastes valuable space in your home, it also costs you more on your energy bill. How? Well, uninsulated walls and concrete floors allow drafts to seep into the room, making it harder to keep the basement warm during cold months. Since more heat is required to warm the room, it costs you more each month than if you had a finished basement.
What is basement renovation?
Sometimes people get confused between the terms basement remodeling and basement renovation, or use them interchangeably and don’t fully understand the meaning of each. Basement renovation is upgrades to the home that does not disrupt the overall structure of the basement. These improvements may be small or large scale. Sometimes homeowners may think that smaller scale renovation projects are straightforward and there is no need to hire a professional renovation company like Capable Group. They’re mistaken. Before beginning any renovation work on your basement, it’s important to have an expert inspect the foundation of the home to make sure that your basement has the structural support it needs to withstand renovations.
One key thing to remember about renovation projects is that you do not have to complete it all at once. You can choose to renovate a section of your basement at a particular time, and then over the course of time, eventually get your basement to look the way you want it to look. Since the basement is sectioned off, you can have your basement renovated with little disruption to your family’s everyday life.
Why Choose Capable Group?
For the past 13+ years, Capable Group has been building a reputation of excellence in basement renovation services in Aurora one basement at a time. During this time, we have prioritized customer satisfaction and superior renovation services for homeowners in Aurora at a competitive price.
We know just how important converting your current home into your dream home is for your family, that’s why we take the time to listen to your vision.
We take pride in the reputation we have established and do not take lightly the trust our customers have in use to get the job done right. We approach each product with the same amount of dedication and zeal. Our goal is to give homeowners the home of their dreams as efficiently as possible. Using cutting-edge technology, our team is more than capable of handling any basement renovation project.
Basement Renovation Design
Imagine walking into an empty room and being able to completely design the room. You’d be able to pick the color scheme, the type of flooring, the features to incorporate into a room, etc. This is the power you can have when you choose to finish your basement. There may be some limitations in terms of the size of the room and how you can use the room based on natural light, accessibility, and other factors, but designing a room is exhilarating. We know because we get excited about every project we are hired to complete.
Even more exciting, is the joy we see on the faces of our clients as they begin to imagine all the possibilities they have with their basement space. Once we have gathered enough information and know what kind of room our clients would like to design, our design team gets to work. Using groundbreaking technology, we’re able to give our clients a preview of what their renovations will look like when completed. Once we have this model, we can tweak it to make sure that the client is getting exactly what they want.
What you can do in your basement
- Apartment – create a separate and comfy unit in your home for guests or rent it out to tenants for some extra cash each month.
- Kitchen – by incorporating a few basic features and appliances, you can use an area of your basement as a kitchen.
- Bathroom – having a bathroom in your basement is not only a convenient feature to have, the more bathrooms you have in your home, the more valuable you home is on the market.
- Bar – create an adult zone on your home and enjoy time with friends by serving drinks right from your basement.
- Fireplaces – even if you don’t plan to make practical use of your fireplace, it’s still a nice timeless feature to have in your basement.
- Theaters & Home Area – why rush to the movies to get a good seat when you can have your very own seat in your basement that’s always available for you? Turn your basement into an entertainment room for friends and family to enjoy.
- Bedrooms – an extra bedroom is always a plus. Whether it’s for a family member or serves as a guest room, you can create a bedroom anyone will be glad to sleep in.
- Home office – if you work from home you know how easy it can be to get distracted by family members. Create a quite space in your basement when you can work without interruption.
- Sauna – transform your basement into a center for relaxation and rejuvenation by installing a sauna. Sauna treatments have tremendous health benefits. Once you install one at home, you’ll never have to leave your home again for some good old R ‘n’ R.
- Family Rooms – family rooms are a place where there is something for everybody. You’ll remember the laughs and all the fun you shared for years to come. Every room and your home has a function; let your family room be the place your family comes together to hang out and enjoy one another’s company.
- Home Gym & Workout Areas – work out at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. All you need is some basic equipment and you are good to go.
Request a Free Consultation
We are very proud of the service we provide and stand by every basement we carry. Read our testimonials from our happy customers.
Trust us to take the hassle out of basement renovations. We have the expertise to handle any renovation job in Aurora. Call today to book your free consultation!