Basement Renovation in 19 daysGet Started On Your Dream
Click to play our latest portfolio video
This is the question some homeowners in Kitchener may be asking themselves. If you bought a home with an unfinished basement, you may be wondering whether it is worth the investment to finish the basement. The answer is an overwhelming yes. Not only does a finished basement give you additional value on your home, it allows you to flex your creative muscles and design of room you can use for just about any purpose.
When potential customers in Kitchener come to us inquiring about finishing their basements, the first thing we asked them is what their family needs are. If money weren’t an issue, what would they like to use that space for? We ask this specifically because people are often misinformed into thinking they need a large amount of money to finish their basement. While costs can run high, there are many affordable options that our clients may not be aware of, so we help them discover the possibilities. You no longer have to walk into an empty room that serves little purpose in your home. With the right team of renovation contractors, you can have the basement of your dreams.
Another reason why it’s a good idea to finish your basement is because unfinished walls and concrete floors tend to cause more energy consumption in your home. This is because without proper insulation, your basement will allow drafts to creep in. Many of our clients are pleasantly surprised at how substantial their savings are on their energy bill after finishing their basement.
What is basement renovation?
A basement renovation project is one that requires careful planning and mapping out. Before you begin, you’ll need to look at things like your budget, goals and what your overall purpose for the room is.
Basement renovation refers to any upgrade that you do to your basement to turn it into a more livable space. The difference between renovating and remodeling a basement is that remodeling is completely redesigning the space or a complete overhaul of the basement area. Renovations, on the other hand, can be something as minor as adding carpet to the floor, creating additional storage space, or it can also refer to more complex changes like installing a kitchen or bathroom to upgrade the basement. It’s important that you consider all your options and hire a professional renovation company to help you achieve your goals.
At Capable Group, renovations are our specialty. We help our clients understand how best they can utilize their space and achieve their project goals at the same time. With us, the two are not mutually exclusive. Some homeowners prefer to tackle their renovations a little at a time. So instead of redoing their entire basement at once, they add features one at a time, over a period of time. We are flexible and happy to explain all the complexities of basement renovation to all our potential clients in Kitchener.
Why Choose Capable Group?
When you come to us with your renovation project in mind, know that you’ll be getting the very best team of renovation contractors in Kitchener. In over 13 years, we have not taken on a basement renovation project we couldn’t handle. We are driven by excellence and approach each project with the ultimate goal of completely satisfying our clients and exceeding their expectations. Using top-of-the-line software and technology that have proven to yield the best results, we are able to transform unfinished basements in Kitchener into the pride and joy of any home.
Basement Renovation Design
Starting on a basement design project requires attention to detail. You must think about the layout of the basement, the finishing touches and a variety of other aspects. This is a good an opportunity to incorporate modern finishes and paint options that complement the room well. Keep in mind that your design ideas don’t have to be elaborate. They can be simple like changing the paint color and incorporating a few accessories to spruce up the room.
Whatever design you choose, it should work with the amount of space you have. That is one of the major factors you should consider. If you have limited space, you don’t want to choose a design that is ideal for a spacious room because it will look crammed, which is not ideal.
One of the things you also want to make sure of before you begin the renovation process is that you have addressed issues that may create a potential problem in the basement like moisture or an unsteady staircase. It is our practice at Capable Group to check for such issues before breaking ground.
What you can do in your basement
- Apartment – A basement apartment can come in handy when guests come to town to visit. It’ll give them privacy and their own space. You can also choose to rent out your basement apartment for an additional stream of income.
- Kitchen – This is nice to have. Depending on the space you have in your basement, you can have just a kitchenette or a kitchen that is a little larger in size. Either way it’s a great feature to have.
- Bathroom – You can never have too many bathrooms in your home. It’s a good idea to have one on each floor of your home. Having a bathroom in your basement is a convenient addition.
- Bar – If you use your basement area to entertain guests, adding a bar is a feature that is both functional and convenient.
- Fireplaces – There is nothing more inviting then a fireplace in a room. Families love to gather around the fireplace to tell stories and enjoy each other’s company. Incorporate this feature and start making lasting memories by the fireplace.
- Theaters & Home Area – Get the same movie experience you would get at the movie theater by purchasing a new home entertainment system and setting it up in your basement.
- Bedrooms – Your basement could be an ideal spot for another bedroom. This is a good idea if you have an older child who no longer wants to share a room with a younger sibling, or if you want a spare room for visitors.
- Home office – if you work from home it may be difficult to find a quiet area in the home where you can concentrate. Having a home office in your basement keeps your work supplies and equipment secure and gives you the quiet place to work from.
- Sauna – Wouldn’t you like to be able to enjoy a sauna treatment right from your home? You can enjoy luxury and convenience in your basement. Skip the appointments by building a sauna in your basement.
- Family Rooms – Every home needs that one room where family members can come together and enjoy each other’s company. A family room in your basement can give your family just that. Incorporate features and activities that your family members will enjoy and make it a One-Stop area for loads of family fun.
- Home Gym & Workout Areas – Gym membership fees can set you back hundreds of dollars every year. And the inconvenience of having to wait for your favorite workout machine to be available costs you time. Bypass all of that by creating your own gym in your basement.
Request a Free Consultation
We are very proud of the service we provide and stand by every basement we carry. Read our testimonials from our happy customers.
Trust Capable Group to handle all your basement renovation needs in Kitchener. Our team is knowledgeable and thrives on being the best renovation contractors in the area. Call today to book your free consultation. We’ll be waiting for your call.