Basement Renovation in 19 daysGet Started On Your Dream
Click to play our latest portfolio video
Brantford is a growing community. With the value of homes continuing to rise, many homeowners in the region are realizing the benefits of finishing their basements. By exploring some of the advantages of renovating your basement and turning it into a useful space your family can enjoy, homeowners in Brantford are adding thousands of dollars in value to their homes.
It’s been proven that a finished basement will give you more bang for your buck. From a practical standpoint and a financial one as well, it doesn’t benefit you much to have an empty room in your home that is not being utilized to its fullest potential. So why not invest in your home further and finish your basement? Think about how much you can get out of that space. With so many basement designs and ideas out there, you can determine how best to use that space in a way that meets your family’s needs.
In addition to adding value to your home, finishing a basement allows you to save on your energy bill. Unfinished walls and concrete floors allow draft into your basement, making it harder to keep the room at an ideal temperature. As a result, more energy is required to warm your basement during the harsh Brantford winters, which makes your energy bill higher than necessary.
What is basement renovation?
A common question people often ask is what constitutes a basement renovation? And how is it different from basement remodeling? An easy way to distinguish between the two is understanding that basement renovation refers to any home improvements to your basement that do not change the overall structure of the room. These improvements could be large or small-scale and are done to make the room more useful or to add value to your home. Examples of basement renovation projects are creating space for a wine cellar or installing a bathroom.
Remodeling refers to large-scale changes or a complete overhaul of the entire basement. At Capable Group, we take the time to get to know what our customers want. This allows us to hear their ideas so we can give them every option available to them that best suits their needs. Our expert opinion advice goes a long way in helping our clients know the endless possibilities when it comes to finishing their basement and making the room the best it can be.
Why Choose Capable Group?
For more than 13 years, Capable group has been providing excellent renovation solutions and services to homeowners in the GTA and beyond one basement at a time. Our strategy is simple: we put you first.
Regardless of the scope of your basement renovation project, Capable group will always have your best interest at heart and go the extra mile to ensure that your vision becomes a reality. With us, there are no gimmicks or hidden fees. We have established ourselves as a reliable renovation company in Branford you can trust to get the job done right the first time.
Because we know that cost is a factor when it comes to home finishing your basement, we offer our clients competitive rates and work within their budgets to ensure they get the most for their money. Our goal is to help homeowners in Brantford transform their unfinished basements to living spaces their families will love.
Basement Renovation Design
Let’s face it, some basement design ideas sound better in theory than in realty. When you decide to hire a renovation company, one of the key things you should look for is a company that has state-of-the-art design software to give you the best design options possible. At Capable Group, we have just that.
Equipped with 3D modeling design software, our team is more than able to not only provide design ideas that are trending in the market, but to also give you a picture of what your design will look like in real life. With this knowledge, you can tweak your project before breaking ground.
Our contractors are knowledgeable on the various design ideas out there. We can customize your basement to your family’s specific needs.
What you can do in your basement
- Apartment – An excellent way to utilize the space in your basement is to transform it into an apartment. This can be used to either rent out and create an additional flow of income for your household, or you could use it for guests or family members who need a place to live.
- Kitchen – A nice feature to add to your basement is a kitchen that allows you to prepare meals and enjoy them without having to leave your area of comfort to go upstairs to the kitchen on the main floor.
- Bathroom – Another great feature to install in your basement is a bathroom. This makes it convenient when you have to go. You can install just a toilet and a sink or add a 3/4 bathroom in your basement.
- Bar – When friends gather together for some good times, having a convenient station to serve drinks means you can enjoy their company without having to leave the room to refill the drinks. A fully stocked bar is a good idea and makes good use of your basement area.
- Fireplaces – Who doesn’t love a fireplace? The idea of cozying up on the couch with a nice warm blanket, your favorite beverage and a book sounds like time well spent. Install this timeless feature to your basement and enjoy the “homely” feeling a fireplace brings.
- Theaters & Home Area – A home theater takes entertainment to a whole other level. With the right equipment like high-quality speakers for optimal sound, soundproof walls and a flat screen TV, you’ll never want to leave your home.
- Bedrooms – Need another bedroom in your home? Why not use your basement space to create one for a family member to enjoy. There’s so much you can do with the space to make into a suitable bedroom.
- Home office – If you have the option of working from home, a great way to use your basement is to set it up as an office. Include essentials like a computer, desk and chair, and you’ll be well on your way to creating a space ideal for productivity.
- Sauna – People often think of relaxation and luxury when they think of saunas. Instead of having to go through the hassle of booking an appointment at a sauna near you and hoping their availability works with your schedule, install one into your basement and make it a much more convenient experience.
- Family Rooms – Create that one room in your home where family can gather together for laughs and enjoy each other’s company. A family room will give your family just that. To accommodate everyone’s interest, stock your family room with activities the whole family can enjoy.
- Home Gym & Workout Areas – think about how convenient it would be to not have to wait for your favourite workout machine at the gym to become available. Create your own home gym by buying the necessary equipment you need. You don’t have to have all the expensive equipment your local gym has. Start small and slowly build it up to a gym you love. You’ll enjoy working out from the comfort of your home.
Request a Free Consultation
We are very proud of the service we provide and stand by every basement we carry. Read our testimonials from our happy customers.
For professional renovation services in Brantford at an affordable cost, one company stands out above the rest – Capable Group. Give us a call today to book your free consultation. One of our trusted team members will be happy to serve you and answer any questions you may have.