Basement Renovation in 19 daysGet Started On Your Dream
Click to play our latest portfolio video
Are you a homeowner in Markham and not quite sure whether finishing your basement is a worthwhile investment? If so, we have a few points for you to consider. Real estate is and has been always a great asset. When you own a piece of property, one of the things that you want to ensure is that you are getting the most value out of that property. Finishing your basement is a good way to accomplish that.
Some homeowners are discouraged by the idea of finishing a basement because they are thinking about the cost, inconvenience and the time it will take to complete the project. These are very real and significant issues, however, the advantages of finishing a basement are well worth the inconvenience the process often brings.
When we talk about finishing a basement, what exactly do we mean? Depending on the state of your current basement, the amount of work needed to transform the area into a useful space can be significant or minor. What will also affect the scope of the work is how you intend to use your basement, your budget and timeline.
When you finish your basement, you can be sure that you are adding on tens of thousands of dollars in value to your home. You can also potentially save money on your energy bill and have the satisfaction of knowing that you are getting the most out of your home.
What is basement renovation?
Understanding what basement renovation often helps homeowners determine how to categorize the work they need done. There’s sometimes confusion between basement renovation and basement remodeling. It’s important that you use the right term to make sure your contractors know exactly what you would like them to do.
Basement renovation can be any improvement to the basement that does not change the overall structure of the room. The term “renovate” is used to refer to repairing or restoring a building and replacing the old with the new. Examples of this are painting the room, installing new flooring, or insulating the wall.
Basement remodeling on the other hand, refers to a complete overhaul of the basement.
Why Choose Capable Group?
More and more homeowners in Markham are turning to us for their basement renovation needs. This is not by accident. We have been intentional about building a name for ourselves and establishing our company as the go-to renovation contactors in Markham. With over 13 years of experience in business, Capable Group is well versed in the construction industry and we take pride in providing superior renovation services.
When you hire us for the job, you can trust that you’ll have the best of the best contractors in Markham working on your project. Our promise to you is that we’ll keep your interests at the forefront of every decision we make.
Basement Renovation Design
It takes a lot of skill to design a basement. It’s more than just coming up with a design idea and implementing it, you have to make sure that the design will work for your basement. At Capable Group, our team of designers first meet with potential clients and discuss what their design preferences are. Equipped with this knowledge, our designers can now use our 3D design software to create a model that you can view before construction begins. While there are many possibilities when it comes to design, a number of factors affect how much you can do with your basement space. We factor in things like the size of the room, your budget and what the basement will be used for.
What you can do in your basement
- Apartment – transforming your unfinished basement into an apartment is a great way to add value to your home and generate addition income if you choose to rent it out to tenants.
- Kitchen – the less distance you have to travel in your home to get food the better. Make it convenient for anyone enjoying the basement to get food by adding a kitchen your basement.
- Bathroom – quick and easy access to a bathroom nearby is always preferred. A bathroom conveniently located in your basement is a good way to avoid having to walk out of the basement and other areas of the home to access a bathroom
- Bar – If you like to have friends over for drinks at your home from time to time, adding a bar to your basement may be a good idea.
- Fireplaces – this is a timeless feature that automatically makes a room feel more comfortable and homey. Incorporate one into your basement and create lasting memories around the fireplace.
- Theaters & Home Area – Do you get frustrated when you go to the movies and find that all the ideal spots are already taken up? When you have your old home entertainment system you no longer have to do with that. Your favorite seat will always be available, and you can enjoy the best entertainment has to offer from your own home.
- Bedrooms – the more bedrooms you have the more value you are adding to your home. Add an additional bedroom to your home by transforming your basement into one. You can use this room to house guests that come visit, or maybe a family member they want to claim it as their own. Either way you can’t go wrong with this concept.
- Home office – if you work from home or complete a significant amount of work from home, create a space in your basement that is ideal to work from.
- Sauna – saunas are known for their health benefits. They improve circulation and aid in stress management. By installing a sauna in your basement, you can enjoy these benefits without the hassle of conflicting schedules.
- Family Rooms – do you have a designated area in your home where family members can relax and enjoy time together? A basement is a great location for a family room equipped with activities for everyone.
- Home Gym & Workout Areas – make achieving your fitness goals more convenient by turning your unfinished basement into a home gym. With a few essential items, you’ll be amazed at how fitting your basement can be.
Request a Free Consultation
We are very proud of the service we provide and stand by every basement we carry. Read our testimonials from our happy customers.
Finishing basements is what we do. Quality work is what we guarantee our clients in Markham every time. Call today to book your free consultation!